You are here
Home > HEADLINES > Boko Haram: How my convoy was attacked — Borno Gov Shettima

Boko Haram: How my convoy was attacked — Borno Gov Shettima

Please follow and like us:

  • 14
  • Share
Shettima

Borno State governor, Kashim Shettima has given details of how suspected Boko Haram ambushed his convoy on his way from campaign rally on Tuesday leading to killing of three persons in the convoy.

In a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Communication and Strategy, Isa Gusau, the governor also commiserated with the families of the deceased as he planned to meet them later today.

Preliminary report according to the statement said three persons were killed while the governor is expecting full security briefing to get accurate information on the incident.

The governor said “Tuesday’s incident happened while the Governor was on his way to Gamboru in continuation of campaigns for the Presidential and national assembly elections coming up on Saturday.

“The Governor had left Maiduguri on Tuesday morning and stopped for campaigns in Mafa and Dikwa local government areas before heading to Gamboru where he passed the night and returned to Maiduguri on Wednesday.

“He had on Monday traveled to Damasak, headquarters of Mobbar local government area in northern Borno. Before then, he had previously held campaigns in most parts of northern Borno including Monguno where he spent the night.

“He had also been to all the nine local government areas of southern Borno including Chibok, Gwoza, Askira-Uba and Biu where he spent days.”

The statement said the governor will meet families of those affected by the attack today, adding that he would also meet some security heads to review the incident and more importantly, to continue his determined collaboration with all security agencies and volunteers in remaining committed to the ongoing fight against Boko Haram.

The unfortunate incident, he said would not make him have doubt in the capacity of gallant and patriotic personnel of the Nigerian armed forces “who have dedicated their lives fighting for peace and the freedom of Borno people.

“The Governor has absolute confidence in the armed forces and given his access to raw updates, he is aware of the successes being recorded by the armed forces despite Tuesday’s and previous attacks by the insurgents. For one success recorded by the insurgents, the armed forces record dozens against them.

“The Governor remains optimistic and urges citizens to be calm, prayerful and supportive of the Nigerian armed forces and volunteers through means that include (as they have been doing) the sharing of useful information.”

The post Boko Haram: How my convoy was attacked — Borno Gov Shettima appeared first on Tribune Online.

Facebook Comments

Please follow and like us:

  • 14
  • Share

Leave a Reply

Top