- The insurgents were convicted following the conclusion of the first phase of the trial during which 575 Boko Haram suspects were arraigned.
- In a statement Friday, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed said, “Thirty-four cases were struck out while 28 suspects were remanded for trial in Abuja and Minna.”
- “The court ordered that the 468 discharged persons should undergo rehabilitation programme before they are handed over to their respective state governments.
- “The trial commenced with the formal remand by the court of over 1,600 suspects for a period of 90 days, with the court ordering that they be arraigned within the specified period or released unconditionally.”
- The court adjourned the trial of other suspects till January 2018.