He urged the governor to warn the police from Ido Ekiti Division of the Ekiti Command to stop clamping his subjects into detention over unfounded allegation of being cultists, saying over 15 youths were currently detained, even when there was no evidence linking them to cultism.
He also fingered the persons as being allegedly aiding the police to arrest more people under trumped-up charge of cultism, an allegation which he said the police have found to be untrue.
The traditional ruler, in the petition which was made available to Sunday Tribune stated: “I wish to inform you sir that the news going round the media and town about the crisis was purely cooked up lies.
“I hereby write to brief you on what really happened, the role I have played and the situation of things now. It happened on Sunday, October 21.
“On Monday, 22nd October, 2018, as a king of the town I called for peace meeting, inviting the chiefs to settle the matter between these youths. Those that arrived earlier and were seated with me at the palace were Chief Ajirowa, Chief Obalua, Chief Olosun and Chief Alawo Ifa.
“A faction of those fighting was also seated and they are Bayo Omotoso, Ajayi Adeyemi, Femi Oluwadare, Jimoh Hameed, Ajirotutu Ojo, Olajide Morakinyo and Oluwateru Kayode, while waiting for the other aggrieved group for the meeting to commence.
“The other aggrieved group, which consists of Kayode Omojola, Gbenga Omojola, Femi Olabamijo and Apiaka, arrived at the palace. Instead of sitting down for the discussion, one of them used the walking stick in his hand to hit the boys seated in my presence and other invited chiefs.
“They also started attacking my palace, vandalizing and burning palace properties, including all vehicles packed within the palace vicinity.
“It was in the midst of that confusion that Apiaka shouted that someone has been killed around the town hall which is about 150 meters away from the palace and I later got to know it was Bolu Adeleye by name. The deceased was never seen at the palace and was not part of those invited.
“Sir, I will like to clarify that there is no iota of truth in all of these allegations of cult-related issues in this crisis. My son, Ajayi Adeleye, who was alleged to be the arrowhead of the crisis, was not in town as at the time of the crisis. He has never been reported of any cult-related cases and, as at five years ago, he commenced his degree programme.
“All my children were born and raised in the town and they have no other home, hence cannot be a terror to their own people.
“I call for your help because, as we speak only those boys that were seated with us in the palace were arrested. The other group were exonerated and, as we speak, they are still moving about freely. Your prompt intervention would go a long way at restoring peace to my town.”
Governor Fayemi, was said to have promised to restore the monarch back to his palace, after a meeting he had with the Ekiti State Council of Obas in his office, last week.
“I am aware of your problem with some individuals in your town, Your Highness. I know this had led to your abandoning your palace. However, I shall ensure that you go back to your palace soon, ” he said.