You are here
Home > HEADLINES > Govt Condemns Adamawa Suicide Bomb Attacks, Orders Security

Govt Condemns Adamawa Suicide Bomb Attacks, Orders Security

Govt Condemns Adamawa Suicide Bomb Attacks, Orders Security

Please follow and like us:

  • 366
  • Share

The Federal Government has expressed outrage over Tuesday’s suicide bomb attacks on a mosque and a market in Mubi, Adamawa State, describing the desecration of a place of worship by criminals as tragic and condemnable.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo in a statement signed by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, yesterday expressed condolences to the victims and their families, and to the government and people of Adamawa State.

Osinbajo, who said he had been in touch with the state Governor Bindow Umaru Jibrilla, and had also directed the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to ensure speedy and adequate provision of medical supplies and relief materials to the victims, said security agencies had been directed to immediately take steps to beef up security in Mubi and environs, especially markets and places of worship.

“The agencies are also working to apprehend the criminals behind this act and bring them to justice,” the statement added.

Besides, the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu, has stressed the urgent need to protect education from attacks, pointing out that without access to quality learning, children are being robbed of future opportunities, which will affect the entire society.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in its reaction, condemned as extremely wicked and heartrending the horrible killing of 60 Muslims in a blast at a mosque and nearby market in Mubi, Adamawa State by insurgents.

A statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, said the PDP and indeed all Nigerians are deeply worried about the ceaseless killing of citizens.

In the same vein, the United Nations (UN) Humanitarian Co-ordinator in Nigeria, Edward Kallon, has condemned the twin suicide bomb attacks that killed 27 people in Mubi, Adamawa State.

Kallon, in a statement yesterday in Abuja, said that civilians had been consistently bearing the brunt of the nine-year-old conflict in the North-East region.

He, therefore, called on the Federal Government to step up the protection of innocent people.

Meanwhile, a northern socio-cultural organisation, Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), has called on the dreaded Boko Haram insurgents to end the massacre in Nigeria, saying the attacks and killings in the country may not address their grievances.

Also, former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Caretaker Committee Chairman, Senator Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi, has urged the insurgents to lay down their arms for the sake of peace in Nigeria.

The Arewa leaders, who condemned the attacks and killings by the terror group, said the ACF “was shocked and disturbed by the sad news of the multiple bomb blasts which killed about 27 people and injured many.”

A statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Mohammad Ibrahim Biu, said: “Killing innocent people in the name of God who can fight His cause is certainly not a solution to whatever grievances the Boko Haram members might have against the government and the society, groups or individuals.”

Makarfi, who expressed deep shock at the news of the dastardly twin-suicide bombings in a statement by his spokesman, Mukhtar Zubairu Sirajo, said:

“Senator Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi is distraught at the news of the dastardly twin-suicide bombings, which occurred in Mubi, Adamawa State.

“Senator Makarfi condemns this heinous, barbaric and cowardly act, the first of which was perpetrated in a mosque against worshippers communing with God.”

Facebook Comments

Please follow and like us:

  • 366
  • Share

Leave a Reply

Top