Banky W and Kate Henshaw have many reasons to be grateful because only a few people have managed to survive fire incidents. Sometimes there are no escape routes and there might be no one to save the victims.
On June 25, 2015, Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw’s Lekki residence was hit by a fire – which sparked off from one of the air conditioners in her living room when electricity was restored.
At that time, the house located in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos required serious patch-ups that made her relocate temporarily.This is a photograph of Kate Henshaw’s room after the fire incident that happened in June 2015. Credit: Kate Henshaw
Exactly a year later, Kate shared an exclusive photo from the incident – which she lost properties worth millions of naira. ‘This was the room I slept in, wall to wall was filled but it was wiped out by fire so that the roof even melted away and there you see the sky. My driver, stood there speechless at the site! I was totally devastated but God kept me,’ she said at the time.Banky W managed to escape the fire incident at his Lekki residence climbing down from the balcony with his pretty dog, Duke. Credit: Filed
On February 28, 2017 , musician and ‘The Wedding Party’ actor Banky W experienced a similar fire event caused by the air condition in his living room, in the same community in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
The celebrity bachelor managed to escape the fire climbing down from the balcony with his dog, Duke.
After many calls from the media, his colleagues, friends and family, the singer took to Instagram to narrate how the incident happened.The damage wasn’t so bad for Banky W, but the fire basically burnt some stuffs including awards, portraits, and some small electronics. Credit: Banky W
‘I was laying awake in bed at about 6am, and I just started smelling smoke. Stood up to shut off my tv and ac and realized it was coming from outside my door. Opened it to see the whole stairway was filled with huge gusts of black smoke/soot, and a fire was burning stuff downstairs.
The smoke was so much I couldn’t get down past it to see the source of the flames. Rushed back into my room and climbed down from the balcony with my dog… and then got help from the amazing workers and neighbours who helped me put out the flames.
Turns out the ac in the living room had caught fire.. I know a lot of ppl have been trying to call and I appreciate it. Maybe the fire burnt some of the network in the house because I can’t receive calls LOL.’
He added that the damage wasn’t so bad, but it basically burnt some of the stuff that was around it. They include awards, portraits, and some small electronics.
Surviving these fire incidents are indeed miracles for the celebs because not many people make it out alive.
For a climate as hot as ours, air conditioners are a necessity. But then, air conditions sometimes make the world hotter.
Ⓒ Copyright NET News Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Please use sharing tools. Do not cut, copy or lift any content from this website without our consent.