There is a fire outbreak around Mechanic village on Babs Animashun in Surulere, Lagos, a source has said.
The inferno which is currently raging was believed to have been caused by a gas explosion in a residential building.
The disaster was said to have affected cars parked around the area among other properties.
As at the time of filing this report, help was yet to arrive from the fire service. Residents of the area were said to have put up a fight to prevent the fire from spreading.
Adebayo Keninde of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) could not confirm the incident. He promised to return the call and could not do so before this report was filled.