Chief John Odigie-Oyegun: APC Chairman swears in the chairman elected by the Tinubu faction in Lagos
The Fouad Oki-led group of the All Progressives Congress (APC)in Lagos on Tuesday faulted the inauguration of Alhaji Tunde Balogun as the state party chairman by the National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie -Oyegun.
The inauguration of the chairman was done on Monday, along with 33 other state chairmen.
Oki, who convened a parallel state congress of the party on May 19, challenging the group led by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, faulted the action in a statement he issued in Lagos.
Oki accused Oyegun as being compromised and said his group would do everything possible to challenge “the illegality”.
“I am certain we have not not heard the last of this. Truth is we knew they were going to do what they did because the Oyegun-led NWC is full of weaklings.
“But we are undaunted in our resolve and we will continue to show resilience on the struggle to free our people from the shackles of a bigot”, he said.
The inauguration of Balogun was in contrast to an earlier decision of the National Working Committee (NWC)of the party which overruled the main congress over issues of legality.
The Publicity Secretary of the party ,Malam Bolaji Abdullahi had explained that the NWC overruled the main congress held at the ACME Road Secretariat because it was based on 57 councils instead of the constitutional 20.
He added that the party could not have discountenanced the congress organised by Oki as it was held in the recognised 20 council areas.
The spokesman, however, said a five-man committee, headed by the Deputy National Chairman(North) had been set up to resolve the knotty issues.
However, Oyegun at the inauguration told the new chairmen in crisis states like Lagos ,Rivers and others not to inaugurate executive members as the party was working on harmonised committee members in the affected states.
Oki called on President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo to prevail on Oyegun-led NWC to reverse the inauguration.
He also called on NWC members to do everything possible to ensure that its earlier decision on congresses was upheld.
The Fouad Oki group is believed to be sponsored by Muiz Banire, the national legal adviser of the APC.
All the state chairmen sworn in by Oyegun:
1. Abia – Hon. Donatus E. Nwankpa
2. Adamawa – Alh. Ibrahim Bilal
3. Akwa Ibom – Hon. Ini Okopido
4. Anambra – Barr. Emeka Ibe
5. Bauchi – Alh Uba Ahmed Nana
6. Bayelsa – Jonathan L. Amos
7. Benue – Comrade Abba Yari
8. Borno – Hon. Ali Bukar Dalori
9. Cross River – Hon. Godwin Etim John
10. Delta – Chief Cyril Abeye Ogodo
11. Ebonyi – Pastor Eze Nwachukwu Eze
12. Edo – Anslem U. Ojezua
13. Ekiti – No Congress
14. Enugu – Dr. Ben Nwoye
15. Gombe – Nitte K. Amangal
16. Imo – Dr. Hillary Eke
17. Jigawa – Hon. Ado Sani Kiri
18. Kaduna – Air Commodore Emmanuel Jekeda (Rtd.)
19. Kano – Abdullahi Abass
20. Katsina – Shittu S. Shittu
21. Kebbi – Arc. Bala Sani Kangiwa
22. Kogi – Abdullahi Bello
23. Kwara – Hon. Ishola Balogun Fulani
24. Lagos – Alh. Tunde Balogun
25. Nasarawa – Philip Tatari Shekwo
26. Niger – Engr. Muhammed Liman
27. Ogun – Chief Dikia Adebisi
28. Ondo – Engr. Ade Adetimehin
29. Osun – No Congress
30. Oyo – Chief Akin Oke
31. Plateau – Hon. Letep M. Dabang
32. Rivers – Ojukaye Amachree
33. Sokoto – Hon. Isa S. Achida
34. Taraba – Alh. Abdulmumini Vaki
35. Yobe – Alh. Adamu Chilariye
36. Zamfara – Alh. Lawal M. Liman
37. FCT – Hon. Abdulmalik Usman