The Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra has refuted claims that the Federal Government has 69 ongoing projects in the South-East.
MASSOB stated that the region had always been neglected by successive governments, adding that nothing had changed in favour of the people in the area.
Recall that the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, had told a gathering in Ilorin, Kwara State, that there were 69 ongoing federal projects across the region. Mohammed was reacting to claims by South-East governors that the region had been shortchanged in the implementation of infrastructural projects in the South-East.
The MASSOB Director of Information, Sunday Okereafor, said in a telephone interview with SUNDAY PUNCH on Saturday that the minister lied when he said that a huge number of projects were ongoing across the five states in the South-East.
“Lai Mohammed said the other day that 69 projects were ongoing in the South-East. It is a lie. No road from Onitsha to Enugu, Enugu to Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt to Yenagoa and from Owerri to Aba.
“The second Niger Bridge is still abandoned; even the place where they get (crude) oil, there is no road. There is no federal project in the South-East and the South-South.” Okereafor said.
Okereafor said that some politicians in the two regions should be held responsible for the kidnapping in regions, accusing them of arming the youth in the regions.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]