By Perez Brisibe
ASABA—No word could best capture the pains and desolation of Ms Favour Gabriel as she recounted how her three children were electrocuted in their Eku home in Delta State, saying her life has been altered.
The children were John Oluwadare, 15; Elizabeth Adam, 9, and Blessed Adam 6.
John, Elizabeth & Blessed
It was learned that the electricity cable, connecting their apartment along Eku-Abraka Road from the national grid, came in contact with a burglary proof the children were holding onto during a power surge.
Ms Gabriel reportedly went out to buy bread for the children when the incident occurred.
Recounting her ordeal to Vanguard yesterday at Eku, the bereaved mother said: “I was surprised to see people gathered in my apartment when I returned from where I had gone to buy bread for my children.
“I never knew something serious that will alter my destiny had happened. On getting to my apartment, I was told what happened. I did not know how I got to the hospital, where my children were taken, only to see their lifeless remains. It was like the entire world had collapsed.”
A neighbour, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Vanguard: “We ran into our houses when we noticed the spark on Saturday night. That was when the children were electrocuted because they were holding onto the burglary proof of their apartment.”