Following speculations that the Lagos State Command of the Nigeria Police Force may have called off the planned march mooted by singer, Innocent Idibia aka 2Baba, his manager, Efe Omorogbe has said that the rally will still go on.
Speaking with The Nation, Omorogbe said that the protest is the next logical step in the conversation the artiste has been having over the past decade through his Tuface Idibia Foundation.
According to him, no communiqué was issued by the police to the effect that the protest was not supposed to hold.
“We are not sure that position is true. We have been in touch with the police and so far, nobody has communicated that to us. I think it is all just speculation from some quarters. For now, we are putting finishing touches to the preparation and there will be no going back on the planned protest,” he said.
According to him, the foundation is doing all in its powers to ensure that the march is not hijacked by hoodlums in the society.
“That is why we are in talks with the police. We are citizens expressing ourselves. One of the things we are demanding is better security and we don’t want to create an atmosphere of insecurity in the process of doing that,” he further stated.
He also said that against what people think, the February 6 March is not an attempt to discredit any politician but should rather be seen as a citizen conversation.
“It is for the unrepresented. We seek to aggregate the voices of ordinary Nigerians and demand for true leadership at all levels. It is not targeted at any specific leader. It is a Tuface Foundation initiative and for over a decade, we have put in a lot into peace building. It is time the young people of Nigeria start to take active participation in governance,” Omorogbe added.