Shangisha/Magodo kingship crisis: I’ll move into palace soon —Oba Lawal

Please follow and like us:

  • 8
  • Share

THE Shangisha/Magodo kingship crisis is not giving any sign of coming to an end anytime soon.

Following Saturday Tribune’s report last weekend, the government-approved Onishangisha, Oba Jamiu Adetola Ajibola Lawal, is telling his own side of the story to the crisis.

Saturday Tribune can also reveal that both claimants to the throne will be meeting with the Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) Zone 2 on Monday as the authorities push for reconciliation and peace.

Speaking with Saturday Tribune, Oba Lawal alleged that the person parading himself as the oba-elect, the Baale of Shangisha, Mr Mutiu Michael Yusuf Ogundare, is not a member of the Aileru ruling family of Shangisha/Magodo.

“We have gone to tribunal and his name is not among the two ruling houses that were approved for the stool. Since he is now parading himself as the oba-elect, I have instructed my lawyers to serve petitions to relevant agencies. They are only afraid because of our land they have sold and we on our part are not interested in fighting anyone,” Oba Lawal said.

He disclosed that he would soon move into the new palace being constructed for him in Shangisha, thereby ending the speculation that he was afraid of coming into the community or not having a place or root there.

READ ALSO:  Gunmen behead one, kill four in Rivers

He said the movement is likely by the end of May despite the alleged threat by some youths and women of the community that he would be resisted from settling in the community.

The traditional ruler also provided Saturday Tribune with a petition he wrote to police authorities against Baale Ogundare whom he described as an impostor.

In the petition, which receipt was confirmed by the Ministry of Home Affairs, on May 9, 2017, the traditional ruler stated that steps for nomination as prescribed by rules, regulations, customs were followed and after he was chosen, his name was forwarded to Lagos State government.

He noted that after due consideration, his nomination was approved and staff office handed to him as the new oba but the baale had vowed to make the town ungovernable for him.

“At many forums, he has paraded himself as the oba-elect of Shangisha/Magodo and we can’t fold our arms to allow these lies to reign,” he said.

READ ALSO:  Okomu Oil Palm gives testimony on whistleblower policy; spends N20million on thanking whistleblowers

He described the action of the baale as a serious infraction which was capable of disrupting the peace of the community.

The oba described his family as a responsible one which had been able to contain its members in the face of provocations in the midst of the crisis.

Efforts to reach the CDA chairman, Shangisha/Magodo, Alhaji Fatal Bello, were not fruitful as calls put through to his mobile phone went unanswered.

Baale Ogundare could not also be reached.

Both parties are billed to meet with the police boss on Monday.

Copies of the petition against the baale were sent to Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, Commissioner for Chieftaincy Affairs, Commissioner of Police, among others.

The post Shangisha/Magodo kingship crisis: I’ll move into palace soon —Oba Lawal appeared first on Tribune.

Facebook Comments

Please follow and like us:

  • 8
  • Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *